Welcome to Harvest Mission College! You are now a student of a fast developing, institution that is committed to excellence in all fields of life. It is our prayer that your stay with us will enhance your life and ministry and that you will make a positive contribution to the lives of all who live here and study with you.
HMC is a spirit filled community of faith. Therefore, we need to exemplify the principles of God’s kingdom in our lives and bring glory and honor to God. This student handbook endeavors to provide information about life on HMC Campus; incorporating three major areas: Community life, Academic Life, and Spiritual Life, with particular attention to student’s affairs. The handbook also outlines the standards of conduct expected from students while stay on Campus and includes necessary rules and policies.
We therefore request you to read the contents of this book carefully and abide by the stipulated rules. Each students is honored to observe college regulations to co-operate and promote a whole some and spiritual atmosphere.
The Faculty of HMC
The faculty members of HMC, a team committed to its calling has highly qualified members from reputed secular and theological institutions across India, with magnificent experience in the Lord’s work. Therefore, please do respect them and avail of their potential. All faculty members will be pleased to help you with the subjects they teach or with matters related to your spiritual and community life. However, do make it a point to take a prior appointment with faculty before your meet with him or her.
Students may feel free to interact with the visiting faculty, provided they get a suitable appointment with them. In the best interest of the students and that of the college, we require students to uphold their dignity in their conversation with visiting faculty and outsiders.
All the courses and its classes are designed in such a way that they serve the vision and mission statements of the College.
- All students have to be present 5 minutes before the class and attendance will be taken in every subject in every hour of classes. This is applicable to day scholars also.
- Minimum 80% attendance in each subject is required to appear the final examination of each semester.
- Please maintain silence in the class if the faculty concerned is not in. It is the responsibility of the class monitor to inquire about the teacher’s availability to inform the Academic office so that some other faculty may take that class hour or so that other arrangement can be made.
- Students must speak softly and behave properly at all times. Obedience and respect towards the faculty and the elders are required of all students.
- Students missing the class due to sickness must secure a written excuse.
- No student should be absent the class hours without the knowledge of the registrar.
- Please maintain the integrity and accountability in your subjects of study. Plagiarism in any form in the assignment is a serious offense to the commitment you have made to the seminary and to God. Therefore, any violation of the college’ academic policy may lead to the serious discipline action the students.
An Academic year has two semesters that consists of four and half months each. At the end of each academic year, written examinations will be conducted for all subjects. Class tests may also take place according to the discretion of the faculty concerned.
- All requirements for each course should be completed and the faculty concerned should approve the students to appear for the examination.
- An Admit card will be issued three days before the examinations and all departments need to sign it and that will considered as your admit Card.
- Any Malpractice in the examination hall will result in immediate dismissal of the student/s from examination hall.
- All students should get a minimum of 60% marks average out of 100 in both external and internal grades in the final examination to be eligible to pass in the subject and to be promoted next class.
- If students fail in either of this he/she may re write the examination after paying a fine of Rs. 100. If the students fails in the re-exam again then the academic council will decide upon such cases.
Library & Study Hour
The books in the Library are arranged as per Dewey decimal classification system.
- Do not write or mark on library books. Do not fold the corner of the pages of any book.
- Do not take books out of the library without getting it issued with a date stamp.
- If you find a misplaced book on the stack bring it to the notice of the library staff immediately.
- Every students expected to be in study hall 5 minutes before prior to the assigned time.
- Starts study hour with prayer and leaders can assign anyone to pray.
- All students are required to sit according to the sitting order.
- Never talk each other during the study hour nor loitering or visiting others.
- During the study hour only study materials are permitted.
- No electric equipments are permitted and no eatables are permitted in the study hour.
Please maintain silence in the Library and Reading Halls
- We expect every student to perform well in academics. However, not all students will achieve the highest grades. We would not desire to see students get anxious and depressed over poor grades. Therefore, we encourage you to concentrate on your strengths and to improve your areas of weakness with consistent hard work.
- All students are required to speak only in English in the Campus. This is to provide a suitable environment for you to practice Spoken English.
Academics and spirituality are two sides of the same coin with regard to the ministerial training of every student in HMC. We give equal significance for spiritual growth along with academics. All students are expected to get involved in all the spiritual activities of the Seminary their own spiritual growth.
All students are assigned to a house group to which they belong. The group is a small unit within the large family of HMC.
- These groups are officially created groups for effective nurturing, ministerial training and it will also provide help and support for the students during the course of studies here.
- This group focuses on overall development of the students (Spiritually, Academically, and socially).
- These groups are intended foster Christian love and fellowship by Building healthy relationship.
- Helping students to relate with others students of different cultural, ideological, social and financial upbringing and for social learning from interaction with such groups.
- Appreciating the unity in a multicultural setting and respecting one another by not giving any place for unhealthy competition and divisiveness in the student body.
- The Group should help students attain growth and Christian maturity.
- Personal attention will be given to every student through the mentor/advisor. The students should cooperate with the mentor in academic, social, ministerial and spiritual development.
- The group should provide opportunity to the students to develop ministry skills in leading a small group, taking bible study, debates etc.
- In the students are encouraged to exercise their spiritual gifts and all students should participate in worship, sharing and all other aspect of the group activity.
- This group is for spiritual edification, correction and healthy development of moral behavior.
- The group enables the students to realize their talents and gifts and to develop it.
- If member of the cell group fall sick, it is the responsibility of others in the respective house group to take care of him/her. The group may help in getting medical attention, providing food from the seminary dinning hall and other necessary help as per the demands of the situation.
- Each mentor and advisor must be available during the devotions and all spiritual activities.
Sunday Worship & Daily Chapels
Chapel services are an integral part of your training and you are not to miss any of them. Corporate worship is an important aspect of the community life in HMC. This is an opportunity to worship God and also to get trained for leading and preaching.
Sunday Service: Every Sunday, worship service will be held in the College chapel from 10:00 am to12:00 pm. The Sunday services will be organized and conducted by the faculty member according to an earlier drawn schedule. The Choir will help the faculty member in leading the praise and worship.
- Every student must attend all the chapel service on time.
- All students are requested to wear their respective uniforms during the day chapel service.
- Those who are leading worship additionally need to wear necktie to male students (during the winter they can use blazer).
- Every student will be assigned with a chapel sitting number which will be revised time and again. No change or exchange of sitting order is permitted. Violation to this inquires heavy penalty.
- All students must carry their Bible, Song book and sermon note book during the chapel service. Use of other material is not permitted in chapel.
- The worship leading time 20 minutes and special song 5 minutes.
- Assigned chapel leader may get time to practice songs a day prior to the assigned leading schedule.
- Always maintain an attitude of reverence and fear of God during the chapel services.
- Participators of special songs and the worship team of the day must sit on the firs row of chairs so that they can promptly get on stage to present their program.
- The worship leader should select for assisting who can sing well to join in worship.
- Residential men and women will have the evening chapel service. The chapel stewards will be responsible for scheduling the evening chapel service. It will be 30 minutes of service worship can be 10 minutes and message 20 minutes. This is an opportunity to developing your skill in leading meetings and preaching from God’s word.
Devotions and Meditation
- The morning devotion, all students are expected to attend in their respective places as group with decent dress and with Bible.
- Every student is expected to spend complete quietness with his/her Bible before the Lord evening 30 minutes in their assigned place.
These are two important aspects of one’s life that helps one to strengthen one’s own spiritual life. The timing of personal prayer and meditation of each student might be different. However to maintain the schedule of the college students are encouraged to follow the scheduled timings.
Community life in the college gives one numerous opportunities mold oneself in a climate of different cultural set up. Alongside this opportunity of living in this community, there is also responsibility and discipline that one has to maintain. One must keep in mind that the more you abide by the discipline of the college the more fulfilling your stay will be. Therefore please be diligent to abide by the following that required of you.
Standard of Life: all students are expected to exercise self-control and discipline. School life is to develop high spiritual, mental, academic and social values to prove Christian conviction.
Social Rules: A high standard of moral and spiritual character is expected from every student in their social relations in the community. The management reserves the right to dismiss a student at any time for lack of application.
- Punctuality at meal times must be observed every time strictly.
- Food received dinning hall cannot be taken out. The sick will be provided Kanji (rice with water) only.
- No private cooking will be allowed by the students at any cost and any violation will be fined up to Rs. 1000/-
- Students who will be late to the dinning hall or absent from any meal must give notice to manager in advance, failing which a fine of Rs. 50/- will be charged.
- Those who are planning to skip the food should inform to the mess manager well in advance.
- Drinking water will be available in the dinning hall, no students will be allowed to enter into the kitchen except those authorized.
- Every student must be conscientious, punctual, loyal and virtuous in all aspects of academic as well as campus life.
- Students must be exemplary in study habit, decorum and cleanliness.
- Use of the intoxicating drugs, alcoholic drinks, smoking, gambling are strictly forbidden, any violation of such will results in dismissal. Theological study entails a disciplined mind and dedicated spirit.
- Students are requested demonstrate openness, receptivity and hard work.
- Students are not allowed to us or posses the mobile phones within the campus. This is applicable for both day scholars as well as hostlers.
- Students are not allowed to take fasting for more than three days continuously.
- Students need the permission to go outside weekly once in local outing (Saturday boys & Sunday Girls).
- Only once in a month student is allowed to go to Delhi with permission. Late coming will attract fine.
- If any student goes out without permission a fine of Rs. 100 will be charged for the first offense. Repeated offense will results up to dismissal.
- Chewing gums are banned in the campus.
House Rules, Furniture and Toilets
- Your room for the school year, you must keep it clean at all times.
- Changing student’s room will not be allowed without permission.
- Students are not allowed to visit other rooms than their rooms. Violation will attract fine.
- No boys should visit girl’s hostel and likewise girls should not visit boy’s hostel.
- No visitors should be received either boy’s or the girl’s hostels on any condition.
- No vocal will practiced in rooms.
- Light off is at 10:30 pm. No rooms will light any kind of light. If anyone wants to study after lights off study hall can be used and the any one want to prayer can make use of the Prayer Room.
- Do not drive nails into the walls or woodwork in your room. Use of strictly tape on the wall is also prohibited as this leaves marks.
- Students will be provided with mattresses and bed. Therefore use it carefully. Any damages done to it by you while in use will be duly charged.
- Report the breakage or damage of any furniture, window pane, door locks or latches, faucet or toilet fittings, and electric fittings to any of authorities of the college.
- Do not hang wet cloth on metal or wood furniture including window grills and bedsteads. Hang clothes on clothe lines as far as possible.
- Leave toilets clean and dry. Do not soil toilet seats. Leave them dry. Wet toilets and floors tend to spread infections and diseases. Never take bath in toilets.
Waste and Disposal
Living areas/ hostels are to be kept clean and tidy. Do not litter the campus.
Under no circumstance should plastic waste be thrown around. They should be collected and deposited in its place.
Use of water and Electricity
- Use water carefully without wastage. Switch off fans and lights in the hostel and classrooms when they are not needed.
- Students are not permitted use electrical equipment’ other than the provided in the rooms. Changing of any existing wiring and light fittings are punishable action.
Safety and Security
- Do not store valuable things such as large amount of cash, costly electronic items etc. in your dormitory/hostels. The college will not be responsible for the loss of personal belongings.
Conversation on Camp
- English is the official conversational language on campus. Therefore, conversing in other languages (vernaculars) will be deemed as a serious offense.
- A student will be fined as 10 for first offense for each incidence of violation, which he/she must remit within 24 hours or compensate with commensurate manual work. There will be silent monitoring n this regard by every teacher.
Harvest Mission College affirms that men and women are suited for Christian service, personal holiness, and their spiritual giftedness, academic competence and ministry skills. The process of moving toward more effective ministry therefore requires an intentional focus on the building of Christian Character. There are other rules and regulations regarding other areas and such will be informed in later stages.
5:00 AM Rising up
5:15-5:45 Morning Devotion
5:45-6:45 Domestic Duty
7:30-8:00 Break Fast
8:30-1:30 PM Class Hour
8:30-9:15 First Hour
9:15-10:00 Second Hour
10:00-11:00 Chapel Service
11:00-11:15 Tea Break
11:15-12:00 Third Hour
12:00-12:45 Fourth Hour
12:45-1:30 Fifth Hour
1:30-3:00 Lunch Break
3:00-4:30 Library & Study Hour
4:30-5:30 Manual Duty
6:30-8:30 Study Hour
9:00-9:30 Evening Chapel service
10:30 PM Lights off
May God Bless You Stay in HMC